Sunday, May 30, 2010

Arrival

We made it to Boston!

Today I found out some interesting and vital pieces of information. Apparently, we are a part of an organization called "Mission Encounter New England." I guess that's what I get for not checking my e-mail. There are teams here from all over the States, going to different places in New England. We're staying in an EXTREMELY nice hotel (Hyatt), and we'll begin our orientation tonight at 6:30 with Boston pizza. (I'm curious to see how Bostonians make pizza.) I'm already noticing the difference in culture (Not to mention the accents! Wow!). People here are quick and pushy. I love it. The houses are tall and right next to each other. It's rather neat. Apparently tomorrow we're taking an extensive tour of Boston. It's kind of bittersweet. I'd much rather head on out to the mission field, but the sights ARE really cool. (Boston Tea Party, yo!)

Prayer requests:

God's will to be done.

The hearts of New Englanders. (Only 3% of the population is evangelical)

That I don't get too caught up in the sights of Boston--There's still ministry to be done here, regardless of the fact that I'm not in Connecticut, yet.

The 31 other student missionaries on their way to other parts of New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment